Sunday, March 22, 2009

Coffee + Prayer

So much stuff has been brewing (no pun intended) in my heart and mind lately. I shall let go a funny little incident that happened today.

We were having a celebratory ORD lunch for Alvin Lim and Bryan at Pho Noodle House in Suntec Tower 2. I ordered this set meal that comes with a main course, an appetizer and a drink. I was pleasantly surprised as I was drinking the leftover ice from my Iced Coffee when the waitress asked me if I wanted to have a refill for my Iced Coffee. Initial question in my head was, "How much?" but before I could ask she said it was free. My cup was gone in a split second.

So after a delicious lunch and two cups of Iced Coffee there was some sharing and prayer. At the moment that Deaconess Tammie asked Ireen to pray for Agnes, nature decided to give me a call. I get this particular call especially often when I drink coffee. I figured that I could wait until the prayer is over before I went to the toilet so I continued to sit and wait until the prayer was over at the same time praying silently on my own that the Ireen's prayer will be short.

After Ireen's prayer I was about to get up and go when Deaconess decided to pray for Alvin Lim. So I remained in my seat and continued to pray my own prayer.

After Deaconess finished praying I was so relieved and was about to get up and go when Alvin Lim blurts out, "Wait, wait. Can we pray for my lasic tomorrow?"

-_-"""""""""""""""

At that point I stood up and walked off to the toilet.

No comments: