Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Wedding

Coach Tammie and Kelvin's wedding was held at RJC. It was such an unconventional place to hold a wedding so much so that it was unforgettable.

It was my first time attending a wedding that is officiated by our church and I realized an irony because of the different way it was done.

Conventional weddings, usually held in churches, have the normal structure where the bride walks in and then the pastor, priest, minister, etc will start the ceremony. However in yesterday's wedding, after the bride walked in, the whole ceremony was started off with worship to God.

As I watched the couple in the front faced away from the crowd, hands holding each other and the free hand raised up in worship it struck me that God was in the wedding. It was like a formal invitation. I never once even thought about God being in the picture for other weddings even weddings held in a church! How ironic is that? Talk about having a party at some one's house and not even inviting the owner of the house.

It was then that I realized that the marriage had God as the centre. Even as the couple worshipped God together they were declaring to God that He will be the one that will hold the marriage and that it will be blessed.

-----

Anyway, turns out that I really was wearing my left-eye contacts on my right eye and vice-versa. That is why I was "crying" so much, I'm not overly-sentimental.

No comments: