Thursday, October 09, 2008

Seeds

I remember the times when I gave up speaking over my life because the manifestation was just taking too long. Too long that it seemed like there were no results.

I was so blessed to really understand why God's Word is likened to a seed.

Seeds need time to take root. Seeds do not grow into trees overnight.

As we keep hearing God's Word in our situations and as we speak over our situations it is like developing the seed; watering it, feeding it, nurturing it.

The illustration of how a certain type of bamboo (Chinese bamboo if I'm not wrong) takes a very long time to grow. Although the seed is planted it takes years before even a shoot is seen. But even as the years pass, even when it seems that nothing is growing on the surface, it is actually taking root.

Sometimes on the surface it seems like nothing is happening in our lives but actually God's Word is taking root into our lives. It is digging deep and the roots spread out.

When Chinese bamboo finally grows out, it grows high and strong. It shoots out! It is as if all the times spent on nurturing the seed is released in such an amazing manner.

When God's Word has taken root in our lives the manifestation will also be so amazing. The blessings will just shoot out and it will be abundant!

All it takes is time. God's promises and blessings that are in the Word are always true. They might take time to manifest but they WILL manifest. If it is a promise then there is no doubt about it.

Even as I continue to see the blessings in my life begin to manifest I believe that I will receive so much more and everything that I declare over my life based on God's Word will come to pass.

Lesson for me: Do not be discouraged when things do not seem to happen in the surface. God's Word is true and if He said it in His Word it will surely come to pass.

No comments: