Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Shoe Before the Slip

Yesterday before getting my results, I went with Jerrold and Hansen to Queensway Shopping Centre. Jerrold wanted to buy a new pair of shoes.

-----

"Just ask the guard for the place," suggested Hansen.

"No, he won't know it," insisted Jerr.

"Yeah, his job is to protect this place from terrorists," quipped JG.

-----

"Hey, look at this!" said Hansen as he picked up leather boots. "When I grow up and work this is what I'm going to wear."

"I'm never going to wear this to work," said Jerr.

"Why? Look at it. It's so cool," defended Hansen.

"Because I'm going to be wearing slippers to work." =D

-----

"Looking for anything in particular?" said a shop owner.

"Do you have Nike Dunks or Air Force?" asked Jerr.

"No, all out of stock. Maybe next week then will have."

"Ok, thanks anyway," said Jerr.

He was about to step out of the shop when the owner tried to persuade him to buy from his shop.

"How about those?" said the owner, pointing to a shoe shelf. "They are nice."

"Those are for women," said Jerr.

"They have nice colour," said the owner as if he did not hear what Jerr said.

"Nevermind," said Jerr, stepping out of the shop.

"How about you? Want to buy shoe?" said the owner, trying to get Hansen this time.

"No, thanks, I just bought this pair," he said, pointing to his relatively new pair of shoes.

"Really? Where you buy one?"

"From the other shop here."

"How much?"

JG and Jerr were already outside the shop.

"What's happening?" asked Jerr.

"The uncle is trying to get some info on the competition," answered JG =D

-----

After an hour of trying to find the shoe that he wanted, Jerr decided to give up and go back to school. He was wearing slippers and they started to think of ideas on what he could do to get in school. One thing was for sure, he will not be allowed inside wearing slippers.

-----

"I'll wrap my feet with tissue and pretend that I have a foot injury!" =D

-=JG=-

The results were going to be given out soon. Anxiety filled the hall as the first person from each class came up to receive their results slip.

Soon, the hall was filled with mixed emotions, joy, sadness, disbelief, shock, among others.

JG lined up to recieve his slip. One by one, the people in front of him recieved their slips.

"John Gabriel," said Mr Kamal, holding up JG's results slip.

"Hmz..."

JG braced himself.

"Are you in any JC now?"

"No, not in any JC."

"Well, I suggest... you start applying for one now! Congratulations! You have 10 points!"

Silenced by shock, JG held out his hand to recieve his slip.

"Apply for JC, ok?"

JG, speechless as he was could only nod his head.

-----

It is truly a miracle and proof of God's grace. By myself, I know I could not have done it. I know that I do not deserve the results that I have, but that's what Grace is all about - getting something undeserved.

All I need to know in life is His love for me. That is all there is to know. It is because of His great love that He gave me grace for my O's, and I know that He will continue to do so.

-----

JG crossed the road from his school. He climbed the tiny hall which elevated the flats opposite the school. He turned and had a good view of the school.

He stood there, looking. He smiled and said good bye.

No comments: