Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Update and The 18th Rose - Prologue

Woah, it's been so long since I managed to use the internet. How's everyone? Des, so boring without you! I don't have anyone to disturb. =D Oinky, we come here during Nov. hols lah. Des wants to come back.

Ok, I was quite disappointed to find out that 4 years of continuous inflation have caused the prices of electronics to soar. Well, actually the prices of everything else also increased, but I was more concerned by the high prices of electronics.

The only economic sector that we were able to take full advantage of was food. Think about this: A 17" pizza, with thick crust, a plate of spaghetti with garlic bread, and a full glass of lemonade. Around P300 costs only S$10 when converted. Expensive you say? Did I mention that me and Des each had that at this pizza place. The total was only S$10! Yummy! Now you know why I used to be a fatty. =)

-=JG=- The 18th Rose - Prologue -=JG=-

In Filipino tradition (well at least the little that I know of it), when a young girl of considerably high social status reached the age of 18, an elaborate party is thrown. The party is to commemorate the girl's entry into womanhood and into society. The party is commonly known as a "Debut".

As the tradition of this event goes, the "Debutantee" (I think it's pronounced Deb-you-tant-tea) will be part of a cermony. There are 3 main ceremonies, but we will only focus on one particular ceremony - the 18 Roses. The reason for this is because it's one of the most important ceremonies (in my opinion) and because I forgot what the other 2 ceremonies are.

It is during this ball-like (Cinderalla ball, not basketball) ceremony that 18 men are given the honour of dancing with the debutantee. Each man will bring a rose and give it to the debutantee when it is their turn to dance with the debutantee; figures since 18 roses = 18 men. Usually the first few men are immediate family members of the debutantee; however, it is the last dance that is the most exciting for everyone. It is because the 18th rose - the last dance, holds much significance. Usually this honoured position is given to a close friend of the debutantee, needless to say it is a really special position.

-=JG=- watch out for chapter 1 -=JG=-

Heyz, have I said that I miss you all so much? Well, I miss you all so much! Take care everyone!

No comments: