Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Attempt at Sonnet (Dedicated to my Dad)

There are many things about you that I'm thankful for,

The many things, great and small, that you go through,

You give so much even when I do not ask for more,

Do things thinking it's simple but actually has much ado.

When I was much smaller, we would snuggle in our bed,

I would lie there and you would then sing me a lullaby,

It felt so comforting, as I rested my weary little head,

And soon I grew out of that as time passed by.

From you I've learned many things needful for a man,

You taught me how to cycle, to fight, to play the guitar,

You have always encouraged me to do the best I can,

And you gave me something that nothing is on par,

You gave me the best gift, the gift of knowing Jesus,

And from then my life was never the same thus.
























Happy Birthday, Daddy!

1 comment:

Dayloc said...

Wow, awesome sonnet. The matter-of-fact and heartfelt lines really captures your emotions well.