Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Attempts At Free-Writing (Well, kinda because they do go through some editing on my part.)

Just some short excerpts that I want to put down "in stone". Rather scared to "etch" these here but I figure it would help me improve even if I receive comments on them. Constructive comments would be appreciated. =)

-----

Take a stroll and let the words flow like an endless stream of water flowing with every thought, describing every little thing in grandiose detail because in every little thing there is a speck of the miracle called life. It courses through even the most lifeless of human creations because no object is born by itself unless it is first made through injection of blood, sweat, tears or even mere human ingenuity. Maybe human inventions are one way to show the exemplification of being made in His image; all things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

-----

Walk along by the river and you'll see a swirl of different individual lives, sitting on the banks of the stillness. Each eye fixed on the peaceful river as if time had stopped. For a moment, cares are forgotten as they sit there motionless, transfixed by the calm. For a moment, there are no worries, there are no cares. Just the self and the still, serene waters.

-----

Sometimes when I watch my parents I get mixed feelings about getting married one day.

Sometimes I think they can be quite corny and mushy when they exchange sweet nothings.
Although I think it's cheesy sometimes, I want to say out, "You guys are so sweet. I hope my marriage will be like that too."

Sometimes they get on each other's nerves and they have small quarrels. Although I think it's trivial sometimes. During times like that I feel like saying out, "You guys are SO sweet. I wonder if my marriage would be like that too."

One thing I do know is that whether they are enjoying the time with each other or quarreling with each other, the love that they share runs deep - deeper than they would want to display publicly and deeper than any petty argument could dare to break down.

They are so sweet. I pray my marriage would be somewhat like theirs too.

-----

As the night rolls on they continue to dance. A hundred pairs of feet moving to one groove. Hundreds of hearts harmonizing to one passion. It doesn't matter if unfamiliar eyes are staring at the sidelines. In this "stage" nothing else matters. All that is in their mind is the next step, skip or stride. The music plays on and they twirl and twist and clap and they dance the night away.

-----

"Any piece of writing is worth writing even for an audience of one."

-----

nO<< U.U.rJ. V<.r.r 7XXX


No comments: