Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tired, Touched, Transformed

Took off today to hang out with the leaders. Happily tired from today. Thanks, people, for a tiring but enjoyable time.

Today's meeting was amazing. Once again I am reminded that people that are touched by Jesus are never the same. I started encouraging myself that there is no way that I can come out of a session such as that and not be changed. Just as Pastor Lawrence shared, after David was anointed, he was no longer the boy forgotten in the field, but he was described as a mighty man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a handsome person; and the LORD was with him. (I Sam 16:18)

True transformation is really only possible by grace. The power to live a life described in Mark 16:17-18 cannot be anything of myself but only through believing the Gospel; that through Jesus' death on the cross we have received the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness.�

In times when I am weak, I can take comfort in the fact that He gives power to the weak, and those who have no might He increases strength. (Is 40:29)

No comments: