Monday, June 22, 2009

I don't know where to start...

I don't even know where to begin talking about the camp. I still have not fully penned down what I received from serving in DARE to Believe Camp and then there's History Maker 2009. I have to thank my bestfriend for suggesting that I copy and paste what I shared with him over msn and that's what I'm going to do, filtered out the stuff that's best left within the trinity (we can start thinking of a more appropriate name). So here are some excerpts that came out while talking about other stuff.

... like i feel the past two weeks got so much stuff i can blog about and so much that i don't know how to start.

i guess one thing that i can really say impacted me in this camp is about believing that I am where God wants me to be in this season of my life.

i kinda questioned a few times whether i was really called to serve in the leadership. and many times i would self encourage myself that it is exactly in my disqualification that God can use me. but the question kept coming back.

in this camp i feel like the question was answered once and for all.

it came to the point when i just told God that if He put me here then He'll put the gifts that are necessary and i'm not going to question anymore. and it was so sweet of Him to confirm that in the following session where Pastor shared about a similar prayer by Moses. (Exodus 33:13-17)

what's next is to continue serving knowing that if there's a word that needs to be said, He'll put the words in my mouth and if there's anywhere i need to go, He will direct my steps. really just learning to rely on Him.

-----

Pastor Benjamin shared something that really encouraged me...

he asked Pastor Prince about purpose and calling and Pastor Prince told him that actually, he does not know his exact calling too.

he is just living one day at a time. being led a day at a time. Pastor Benjamin shared that our purpose and calling is not a destination but a journey.

yeah. haha. i used to think that the "man God wants me to be" is this state that i'll only reach after some time when i'm older but actually in my day to day, i can live out that because for today, I can be who God wants me to be today.

----- (decided to paste most of the whole convo for this one because I think it's quite funny)

John Gabriel says: ... Pastor mentioned something about marrying within the tribe.

Oinkypig - Consistent living! says: HAHA

Oinkypig - Consistent living! says: wah lau.

Oinkypig - Consistent living! says: so i have to go back and find meh

John Gabriel says: it was so funny coz everyone was silent when he said that.

Oinkypig - Consistent living! says: so much for my purpose being overseas is to find a life partner.

John Gabriel says: and he said like, "Yes, marry within the ministry."

Oinkypig - Consistent living! says: hahaahah

John Gabriel says: haha.

-----

Ecclesiastes 3:15 (NLT) - What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God makes the same things happen over and over again.

No comments: