Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good Thursday (spoiler warning: American Idol 2009 results in this post)

I was busy doing my work (and I was not surfing FB too much) when I remembered that the American Idol 2009 winner was soon to be announced. It was a few minutes before 10am Singapore time and I started searching the web for any news about the results.

I saw a news blog about it but it ended with the statement "AND THE RESULTS RIGHT AFTER THE BREAK." Obviously it was not yet updated but when I scrolled down to the comments page, some people posted the result and to my surprise and extreme gladness they said Kris Allen had won. I almost wanted to jump out of my cubicle and scream but I did not want to celebrate prematurely. I waited a few more minutes and kept refreshing the site until it was updated and true enough, Kris Allen had won! Woohoo!

So far, my Thursday just seems different. American Idol results aside, I just felt energized to finish up my work. I'm really hoping that these last few binders are the last of it and if there are any more I don't mind finishing them up until the end of this month. I just felt glad that the work-week is almost at an end. After three nights of going out and always reaching home at 11.30pm and sleeping exactly at midnight, I am glad that tonight there is nothing to keep me from going home (except for a haircut that I'm planning to get) and I can sleep early!

I'm thankful that I don't fall asleep during work neither do I feel sleepy. Maybe FB has to be thanked for that...

Anyway, I would like to give a special thanks to that pirate someone who sent me the songs. I'm loving it. =D (I just wanted to use strike-through cause I haven't used it for a while.) As promised I have not sent them to anyone else. Speaking of which, Des, I hope you can come online today for you know what...

No comments: