Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Playmode: Repeat

I'm the kind of person who can listen to the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over... you get the idea.

Sometimes I'll put the Hillsongs Album This is Our God on shuffle and I would find myself changing it to repeat mode on a few songs and the one song that probably holds the record for being on repeat for an incalculable number of times for me is With Everything.

I just love the part that says,

Let hope rise
and darkness tremble
in Your Holy light...

These three lines only appear twice in the whole song but they never fail to remind me of putting my trust in God. I am reminded that hope in God is different from the world. It is a hope that does not disappoint. Although the current circumstances may be bleak and no matter how long it seems I can't help but have this hope knowing that God is a loving Father and that all the forces of evil and of the curse cannot succeed in my life.

I'm really glad for this song that is a constant reminder that God loves me and His grace super abounds in the areas where I miss my mark.

If I can describe this song in one word it would be something that can be said of God too - powerful.

I love my neighborhood even more during the night time (save for weird people going around asking to be your friend) because the streets are empty and no body cares when I walk past almost screaming out this song. Its during those times that I feel I can really worship Him with all my heart, my soul, my voice, my everything.

After listening to this song over and over again it's no wonder I find myself singing out the lines that are such an encouragement to me. I am reminded that whatever is in my heart, that is what comes forth from me and hence why I find myself singing this song even when I'm not listening to it. It has become a part of my heart.

No comments: