Tuesday, January 06, 2009

First Recorded Dream of 2009

I'm running on F&N Orange Soda this time around.

I used to think so much whenever I have dreams. I would think that any dream I have will have a special meaning because its not often that I would wake up remembering having a dream. Hence on instances when I do remember what I dream about I would think that it must mean something or my subconscious is telling me something that my conscious will not admit.

That was until I had my first dream of 2009. It happened on the morning of January 2, 2009.

Its amazing how in dreams we would know exactly the background information, situation and environment in the dream as if it was something matter of a fact.

In this particular dream I had a girlfriend and I was at her door waiting for her to come out. When she did her father who was going somewhere else offered to drive us to our destination and I felt like I needed to impress him so I offered to drive knowing fully well that I have no license.

I remember driving in dreamland so fearfully because I had no license and was hoping I would not get caught by the traffic police or found out by the dad.

What convinced me that some dreams are just dreams and nothing more is that my supposed "dream girlfriend" was totally random.

But nonetheless, dreams are so fascinating. Sometimes I go to sleep wanting to have dreams of flying because I remember one particular time when I was able to fly in my dream but before I could fly higher and further I woke up.

I wonder if there ever will be a device that could capture dreams...?

-----

Here's some questions to ponder:

1. What do you do when you run? I think even for Singapore at any time within 24 hours there will be a person running somewhere. I notice that people here have no qualms about running at weird hours. Even at midnight on the 31st of December I saw at least two people out for a run. Anyway, back to the question, personally its a chance for me to think about stuff. Would have wanted to pray in tongues the whole time while running but its difficult to incorporate it into the breathing.

2. What's the most effective position to put the Wii Sensor bar: Above the TV or below it? My bro was playing boxing on Wii Sports and it seemed like the sensor was not reading all the punches correctly. Tried shifting the sensor but ended up just leaving it on top...

3. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? =D Eh, if your sleeping posture is believed to be affected by your personality I don't see how my ice cream flavour theory is too hard to believe.

4. What are the things you would give up if you know God can give you something better? (I plan to talk about this next time.)

No comments: