Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lasts...

I finished my last weekend duty for my NSF stint. Decided to take a nap in the converted store room instead of booking out immediately. I had the whole building to myself. Wanted to blog earlier but somehow the cookies thing was not working in camp.

Surprisingly I had an enjoyable weekend duty. All the superiors were very nice especially the 2nd Lieutenant who was so funny. Really made the weekend duty fun. Praise God for favour.

I also took my last "army" haircut last Friday. Considering growing out my hair. Maybe something like this? (Minus the apron.)

*shrugs* Can't really think of anything else. I've had the same hairstyle for as long as I can remember. Other than shaving my head for BMT last time I've always kept the same length of hair and never thought of changing it.

Two weeks ago was my last time being involved in Direct Enlistment. I still remember conducting my first briefing for the new recruits. I remember telling them to relax and I think some of them felt better (it's their first day of army and it can be quite nerve-racking) and I saw some of them sink back into their chairs and sigh a breath of relief. Then I suddenly said, "ON YOUR FEETS UP!" loudly at them. Boy, did they jump out of their seats. Thinking back it was quite mean so I refrained from doing that ever again. [>_<]

Even as I walk around the island and see how they train I would see flashbacks of my own time on that island resort. Nostalgic. I remember hiding under the beds of my section mates and scaring the toe nails out of them by grabbing their feet. Ah, those were the days. Haha.

Ah, much has been happening. Sometimes I feel like blogging when I'm outside and there's something blog-able but then I forget about it when I get home. Shall consider bringing around a journal or something.

No comments: