Thursday, September 25, 2008

Vanilla Cookies

I did not think that I would be affected by the melamine scare.

Only until last Tuesday did I realize the severity of the situation.

Tuesday is supposed to be Ice Cream day at the cookhouse and guess what? Tuesday Ice Cream day is now Tuesday Fruit Jelly day.

Yipee...

Lactose-intolerant people must be rejoicing by now.

It's funny how even products not tested for having melamine content is now being avoided. You would be surprised at how many food products contain dairy.

It is a good thing that amidst all the scares there is nothing to worry about for those of us who are in this world but not of it.

I wonder if the one dollar ice cream on bread vendors at Orchard Road are still peddling... I could use some nice brick-shaped ice cream on pandan bread right now.

Hmm... I wonder if braised duck rice has dairy ingredients on it too?

No comments: