Sunday, September 07, 2008

Muffins and Apples

Gosh, there's so much I want to share but I'm not making the time and effort to do so. Sigh.

Every time when I feel like blogging it's when I'm not at home and unable to do so.

Anyway, for now I want to say that I'm happy that I'm slowly seeing restoration in some of the relationships that I thought were lost.

Sometimes it has to be a choice on my part to talk with friends that I have not talked to for a long time. I don't mean to say that I have to persuade myself to talk with the person; what I mean is that sometimes I can get caught up in my own life that it seems like I don't have time for relationships but all it takes is a simple "hello" to catch up with someone. It's that kind of small choices that I have decided to try and make more often.

I know it's impossible to maintain a constant level of familiarity with all my friends but it does not mean that I should cut off all ties altogether.

That's why I'm so happy to receive a reply from a friend from the Philippines. Although we have not spoken for so long I don't want the friendship that we had last time to just disappear. I just decided to send a short message of how I have been and just to say hello and I did not receive a reply for a few weeks. I was not sure whether I would get a reply because it's been so long and as the days passed I thought that the message was ignored.

I remember praying for favor over the message before sending it out and God has answered the prayer with the reply.

It was the same for another friend, one day I just felt like sending an sms even though I have not spoken with the person for so long. I prayed for favor over the message and did not expect a reply because I just wanted to encourage the person so I sent a close-ended message. I did not think about it after that but on the same week the person spoke with me on msn and I managed to catch up through that.

So even if it's in small ways, I want to make the choice to catch up whenever I can - even if I don't get a reply.

Yup. Hopefully I'll be able to make the choice to blog more often as well...

No comments: