Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Apples and Milk

Might start slowly at first but I'm going to try to maintain...

I remember one day thinking that I do not want to share too much on things I receive from God because I thought that I want to keep them for when sharing would be really applicable or at the right time.

In a way I was "stingy" with the things that I received but I slowly realized that if I wanted to receive more from God, it would be wise to give out what He has already given.

Whenever I share I open myself to receive even more and keeping things to myself only makes me a reservoir - just a collection with no outlet and hence no life can flow out.

I've held back most of the time due to laziness but I'm slowly beginning to realize that sometimes I have to choose to make time for the things that are important to me. So now I'm taking time out and going to start off with something that I received...

We know that Jesus' blood has redeeming qualities. When he sweat blood in the garden it was our redemption from stress and from condemning thoughts. When His blood was shed on the cross it redeemed us from our sins.

Pondering this I began to see something that was not obvious to me although it should have been. Jesus' blood was shed on the scourging post.

When Jesus was scourged, it was for our sicknesses and diseases. By his stripes we are healed. I did not realize that when he went through the flogging, his blood was shed. His blood was there on the stripes and wounds on his body. When his blood flowed out from the flagellation it was when our sicknesses and diseases were being paid for.

Even as he was hanging on the cross he bore all our sicknesses and diseases and even then his blood was redeeming us from sicknesses and diseases. Our health and wholeness have been paid for in full!

I do not want to live a life that short-changes me from what Jesus paid for by his blood - not even sinusitis or short-sightedness. If Jesus paid for it, then I want to receive it completely and wholeheartedly. Even with all the symptoms still present it does not change the fact that Jesus' blood has been shed and that it was an overpayment.

By his stripes I am healed!

No comments: