Friday, August 08, 2008

Thoughts...

While waiting for the bus I just started thinking...

Where I believe God wants me to be and where I stand right now is such a long distance away. I wanted to ask Him how do I get there. I do not want to be live a life that falls short of what He wants me to live.

Before I could ask the question He already gave the answer...

"It's not about what you can do. The big gap that you see, that long distance will be covered by My grace."

I was reminded once again that only He can fulfill what He has placed in my heart. It's not about how much I can learn, how much I can improve, how much I can try - it's all about His grace so that when that day comes I can only boast of His grace and give Him the glory.

-----

Last Sunday the short clip of the scene from the Passion of the Christ really spoke to me...

The woman caught in adultery was on the ground and she reached out her hand to touch Jesus and Jesus held her arms and raised her up.

I thought to myself, "Wow. Even when we fall, even when we're down, we can rely on Jesus to always extend his arms to us and pick us up."

Then I was reminded of one important thing that was different between that woman and us. Jesus had not been nailed to the cross at that time when he stretched out his hand to the woman but right now, whenever he extends his arms to raise us up, the holes left by the nails are there.

Imagine clasping Jesus' hands as he raises us up and feeling the holes left by the nails.

"Wow, Jesus. You went through all that for me..."

Every time he picks us up right now from the times that we are down, the holes declare that the work is finished. We do not have to live that kind of life anymore. He has paid for it with his blood.

"Wow, Jesus. You went through all that for me!"

No comments: