Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spare Change

Have been thinking about "change" for a while now.

In some things in my life I feel that I'm welcome to change because I can see the good that can come out of it.

Accepting change is also something that I have learned to do. Sometimes I see it as a good opportunity to really trust in Him because I feel the only reason why I might feel resistant to change is because it is something that I am not comfortable with and ever since a few months back I told myself that I will dare to do things that are out of my comfort zone. But I seem to have forgotten that and I find myself going back to my comfort zone.

But back on change. Although I have become open to change (maybe too open) I start asking myself whether there are somethings in my life that I refuse to change.

Am I just holding on to some things because it does not seem like I have to change it?

I read in a book that in order to change others we must first change ourselves. I also heard someone say be the change that you want to be.

I asked myself whether I've changed drastically in the past few months. I can say that I changed in October 2007 and even in November but as the months dragged on I realize that I have gone back to the way I was before.

As much as I thought that I knew and that I am changed I have to constantly remind myself not to take where I am now for granted. I really love what Pastor Benjamin shared... If God brought you this far, He will be faithful to carry you through. Although for me I have not been brought that far yet and I've already become too quick to settle for an "unfinished work".

I pray that He'll guide me along through all the obvious changes and to give me the grace to change the things about myself that needs changing.

No comments: