Sunday, June 08, 2008

My 21

I really thank God for His undeserved, unmerited, unearned favour upon my life.

My 21st Birthday turned out to be a truly unforgettable one, filled with even more pleasant surprises.

My mom was asking me what time I would be leaving the house. She said she was asking for no apparent reason so I decided that it would be good if I stayed home to spend time with them.

I had baked spaghetti for breakfast and was looking forward to having that again for lunch.

At around 10.30 the doorbell rang. I thought it was my Dad and he forgot to bring his keys. I opened the door and saw that no one was there. I thought someone was playing a prank so I opened the gate and looked out into the lobby but no one was there. I was about to go back inside when Clarice, Johannah, and Katie came out from the staircase.

They brought me McDonald's breakfast but I already ate so I had that for lunch.

It was really a pleasant surprise and I was already thanking God for His favour. I felt really loved.

Even more surprises were in store for me.

Thanks, Coach Gary for the Starbucks coffee; an introduction to hot coffee drinks because I usually drink iced stuff.

After Arrow the CG gave me this really cool pink shirt. I will never wear pink unless it's that shirt because the shirt is just so cool. They made me try it out immediately. I went to the cubicle to change and when I came out Lanz was standing there with a piece of cloth in his hand.

I thought the shirt was cool enough but turned out there was something more. He blindfolded me and led me back into the auditorium. They made me leopard crawl a bit (I forgive you all for that) and then led me to the front of the auditorium. Oh, and I was made to hold this big piece of pink paper that says, "Today is my 21st B'day =)".

While I was blindfolded everyone in the auditorium just started singing a birthday song. What I love most about that experience is that they also sang "May the good Lord bless you". I was so privileged to just be able to receive blessings from everyone there. Really thankful that even people I do not know sang for me and blessed me. This ministry is really an awesome family and I'm truly thankful to be placed here.

Arrow Ministry rocks!!!

After that I was treated to dinner by Dave. Thanks, Dave! Haha. Carl's Jr. Haven't had that in a while.

I also received a blue shirt that had messages written on it from many people. Thank you all for that.

My thanks also goes out to all those who simply remembered. Even a simple greeting was sufficient a gift for me.

This 21st is really something that I will remember. I remember my 20th because it was so miserable. I was still in SISPEC then and that day we ran 6km.

I just felt like this 21st was the compensation for that. I've received so much so far and from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank everyone who was involved in making this past week the most memorable birthday of my life to date.

May God bless each and everyone of you as much and even more as you have been a blessing to mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabo, my precious one! How you have grown to be such a fine gentleman. You know I am getting emotionally teary-eyed again just thinking back... you were such a tiny baby... even thought you were a girl until the nurse showed you to me. I thought I was dreaming when they told me you were a boy.

I remember how I would measure your feet and your hands against mine, how you would cry when I go to work, or eagerly look out for me when you are performing on stage at Lighthouse... such precious memories that i will always hold dear in my heart.

Looks like you are officially an adult - and yes the kite strings has to go.

Fly high, son! Soar like the eagle! Reach out for your dreams.

I love you so dearly!

Anonymous said...

BTW, we still owe you your Birthday lunch/dinner. Let's do it with your Jonas' birthday as well, ok.