Saturday, May 10, 2008

Homecoming

Three hour flight and five hour road trip.

I'm back in my hometown. Everything seems so different.

Everything seems smaller. Maybe because I'm bigger now.

I remember having to climb up the stairs on all fours even at four years old. That was how high the steps were but I can easily step over it normally now.

There is a couch where I used to jump in and sink into and it was like being in a small room. It's just another couch now.

The walkway towards grandma's house seemed wider then but I can almost reach it from end to end.

I find it hard to believe that everything is so different. I keep thinking that the place shrunk.

Anyway it felt good being back up here. The fresh mountain air is so nostalgic. I've become non-resistant to the cold now. It's saddening that the weather is not as cool now because of pollution. It's saddening that the air is not as fresh anymore.

The feeling only kicked in when we were almost back to grandma's house after the drive - I'm on a holiday!

This time is for me to rest and relax.

It's good to be able to get some time off.

Going to enjoy it as much as I can.

2 comments:

oinkypig said...

yours truly totally forgot that u were overseas. i msged u "psp war NOW!" while coach gary was sharing at ytd's combined meeting. i took a good 1 hour plus to finally rmb why u weren't replying my msg. haha.

kailin.charmian said...

enjoy the trip jg! we'll survive without your "dad"-ly duties this weekend! :D