Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Reminiscence...

On a temporary spur of momentum, here I go again.

On a bus ride home my colleague was just telling me a bit of his past of how he had a close female friend. He didn't believe that she could ever have romantic feelings for him and so he was comfortable around her.

After all, she was together with another guy.

Everyone around him was telling him to open his eyes and wake up. Even from his stories of how they could just tease each other and be frank with one another I could tell that perhaps she did like him. He just couldn't see it.

Because at that time he liked someone else.

I guess he feels regret now. They've drifted so far apart. Perhaps the thing he misses most is the company.

.....

I guess in a way I know how he feels.

Sometimes I feel that if I had decided to do something maybe you wouldn't have made wrong decisions. Maybe you wouldn't have been hurt.

As much as I wanted to be the one for you, I knew I was not what you were really looking for.

I wanted you to know the person who could love you greater than I ever could. I wanted you to know Jesus.

I wanted you to feel the love that He has freely given, the kind of love that lifts you up, the kind of love that gives and does not expect anything in return.

But even that seems so distant...

No comments: