Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ask and You Will Receive....

Roar... I hope it's settled this time. I don't want to be called back Saturday morning.

-----

Been reading The Chronicles of Narnia recently. It's cool how C. S. Lewis puts in truths about God into his stories. Delving into every single revelation would take more than one post but I like one particular scene in one.

"Well, I do think someone might have arranged about our meals," said Digory.

"I'm sure Aslan would have, if you'd asked him," said Fledge.

"Wouldn't he know without being asked?" said Polly.

"I've no doubt he would... But I've a sort of a idea he likes to be asked."

The same is true for Daddy. I'm sure he knows what's on our minds and our wants. He would know without being asked.

But sometimes we don't ask. We just expect Him to know and to do so without us even telling Him.

Maybe that's why a lot of relationships hit bumps; the other party expects the other party to know without having to say.

God does know without being asked... But I've sort of a idea he likes to be asked.

Because it is, after all, a relationship between you and Him.

No comments: