Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Trek That Never Happened

We were supposed to trek up Bukit Timah Hill today as a JC cluster but due to the weather the trek had to be cancelled.

Instead we "trekked" to Vivocity. I was so prepared for the trek that I was wearing my brown boots. In the end I had to wear them while at Vivo.

Praise God for the bonding that happened today. Got to know some people better and got to know new people.

It was also decided that we should go Sentosa because one girl had never been to Sentosa and she's Singaporean! I'm not even Singaporean yet but I've been to the island several times. The funny things is that we were kidding her and telling her that Sentosa is only accessible by swimming.

We had more fun playing Capture the Flag and Ultimate Frisbee.

Praise God for $6.90 slippers. I did not have to wear those horrid boots for dinner.

Dinner was another adventure. Upon someone's suggestion, we went to Katong for some 5 Star Chicken rice. After alighting from Paya Lebar and taking a bus and doing some walking, we reached our destination. The ironic thing is that the people who suggested we go all the way there were not even with us and most of us were not local to the east area.

Nevertheless the small group of us had a wonderful time of eating and some fellowship.

I believe today was a great bonding day for the JC Cluster. Hopefully the cluster will be more strengthened after this and in the events to come.

No comments: