Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Great Black Hole of NS appears once more and sucks away one whole day of my life.

After waiting the whole morning, I find out that I will be sent to do office work in the Ghost Island; Pulau Tekong.

Upon hearing of my posting, one guy makes a casual remark about how it's kinda bad because most postings to Pulau Tekong are stay-in. I knew that staying in is optional so I wasn't worried. However, the chief clerk heard his remarks and decides to punish him for making negative remarks and says that I will stay while he goes to the island.

It was such a sudden punishment that it was too hard to believe to be true. I spent the other half of the day waiting to find out if that was truly what was going to happen.

Only until the later part of the day that I find out that both of us will be Ghostbusting.

I hate the fact that I spent a whole day stoning, eat breakfast (again), stoning, eat lunch, stoning, join some nice friendly people as they eat lunch (a real nice and funny bunch they are), stoning while listening to the radio, oh and sleep as well.

I could have finished another book in that time but clever me forgot to pack the current novel.

Sigh.

Quite excited about going back to Tekong. Hopefully I can settle in and adapt fast.

No comments: