Monday, February 19, 2007

Old Photographs

My parents just got back from a short trip in the Philippines. They brought back a lot of old photographs.

So many memories... Not just of past years but also of a past culture. I'm hitting two zero soon. Life would certainly be different if I hadn't come here to Singapore.

For one, I would have been driving a car by the age of sixteen. I think by this time I would be finishing university already. Maybe I'd already have a niece or nephew by this time.

The culture is so different... Among childhood photographs, I saw photographs of both my parents when they were younger. My dad, the cadet and my mom, the college girl. At that time, marrying at eighteen was acceptable. Dad was 21 and mom was 19 when they got married.

Memories come flooding back when I look at some of the photographs. The old inflatable toy, the matching blue suspenders, the angel costume, all memories from the past. Pictures are really worth more than words.

I hope to make even more lasting memories.

No comments: