Sunday, February 25, 2007

He Leads

Yesterday I found myself thinking about what I want to be (again). Being in National Service has got me thinking about living in a place such as Istanbul or even signing on. Both I believe are both whimsical and I have hence discarded these ideas as merely a passing fancy.

I question whether I really want to take up psychology. The only reason why I even consider the course is because I find human behaviour fascinating. Why do we act in a certain way or behave in a certain way? What can you tell about people by the way they present themselves? I wonder whether it is just another whim.

Despite the uncertainty of what I want to do with my life, I am always assured by the fact that Daddy God has been to my future and He says it is good. Jesus is the Good Shepherd that leads me. He directs my path. Though sometimes I may go into valleys out of my own choice, He is still there with me and will bring me out of it safely and will continue to lead me back on the right path. I know that whatever it may be that I will be doing in future, God will cause it to prosper.

As an analogy, I could study how to become a master fisherman and even gain experience and learn from the best fishermen but even if I get a master's degree in fishing it does not guarantee that I will be a successful fisherman. I could spend a whole night trying to catch fish and catch none. However, Jesus can cause my boat to become a fish magnet. With just his word I can end up with a boat-sinking, net-breaking catch of fish. That was what happened to Peter and the disciples. They were fishermen by trade and have probably spent their whole lives as fishermen but on one night they did not have any catch at all. However, when Jesus came into the picture they immediately prospered. They had to drag their nets onto the shore because the catch was too much to fit into their boat.

No matter what the future may have in store for me, I can only say that it will be great.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: