Sunday, December 24, 2006

Prayer

Today is the first time I massaged a dead chicken to marinate it. Slimy stuff. I still can't cut off the head and the legs without laughing because it just seems so disgusting. Both my dad and I can't do it so mom had to rescue us by cutting off the unwanted parts before we could massage the chicken.

Anyway, I remember thinking of blogging some stuff but when I'm in front of the computer I forget what I want to say. So I'll blog about something that I remembered that I wanted to blog about for such a long time and hopefully everything else will come back into memory.

-----

I remember seeing/hearing all the horrible things happening in the world: People being abducted and kept in captivity for 19 years, whole villages swept away by natural disasters, people dying in wars and chaos.

I shook my head and wondered how such a good God would let these things happen. It was then that I think God started reminding me about the Word that has been preached and I have heard.

I remember that although God is good, this earth has become fallen. The "keys" to this earth was given to Adam and Adam gave those "keys" to Satan when Adam sinned. In effect, Satan, the devil can wreck havoc upon this earth.

Why doesn't God stop him?

It's not that God cannot stop the devil. I believe it's because men who are the rightful masters of the earth are not exercising their authority. Once we believe that we are absolved from our lifetime of sins through the death of Jesus, we are essentially taking back the "keys" because Satan has no more authority.

What should we do then?

Pray. Pray for the lands plagued by famine. Pray for the innocent people caught in the crossfire. Pray for all those who are suffering. Through prayer, God can rightfully move. The devil cannot say, "Hey, you can't do that, this is my turf."

God simply says, "Can't you hear my children praying? They have returned the authority to Me."

As God moves and sends his blessings, the devil can only try to retaliate by sending disasters. God is always the one with the first move.

2000 years ago in Bethlehem, the devil saw the heavenly activity going on and inferred that the Saviour must be coming. He did not know who or where exactly Jesus would be born so he gets the king to kill all of the young boys below the age of 2 in hopes of killing Jesus. Jesus the blessing was sent, and the devil tried to cause a disaster to "retaliate" against the greatest blessing.

33 years later, the blessing was fully manifest. He came that we might have life and life more abundantly.

Not to go out of track - pray. Pray without ceasing. There's nothing wrong with praying. It's not like every time we pray we are disadvantaged, on the contrary, good things are brought into being.

Imagine how powerful the world will be impacted if every Christian everywhere prayed for the well-being of everyone in the world even if they just did it once everyday.

-----

Shall update again another time. Maybe something about HM6.

No comments: