Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hip Hop Party

I went to this place called Ministry of Life.

Whoa, I think this is the kind of club I would go to. It's just as dark and just as noisy but the atmosphere is very different.

The bartender was quite cool. Throwing the metal cup in the air, twist here, twist there, put in the ice, shake a bit, put back. So much action that I couldn't order a drink. They only serve two drinks, water and salt water.

There was a cool dance battle. Hipz, really hipz. Haha. Reminds me of the White Chicks Dance scene where the two parties outdid each other.

Haha. Yup, the Hip-Hop Theme for Campus Service was really cool. It's good to break away from the regular programme, not that it's bad or what, but at least it's different. I think it's a good way to invite people. Instead of saying, "Oh, it's a service kind of thing," we can say, "It's a hip-hop party (which is not a lie)."

-----

On the train ride to Suntec I was wondering whether I really wanted to serve in the children's ministry. I began to think whether I really wanted it. What reason do I have for choosing that? I mean, I think I'm good with small kids, just ask my classmates younger cousins.

While I was thinking, thinking, thinking, the baby which was being held by her ah mah that was sitting next to me started pulling my shirt and smiling. I smiled back. Cute kid.

I don't think it's a sign or anything but this I'm sure: I felt blessed to see that baby smile.

I'm still thinking whether I really want this. I have until the 15th to send in my application.

Feed my lambs?

-----

Everything happening now was never because of me. I trust Him completely.

No comments: