Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Three Girlfriends

While looking for some songs to play for caregroup, I realized that my own classical guitar was not in tune. I decided to tune it and as I was turning the peg for one of the strings, the ivory handle broke!

How am I supposed to tune a guitar if I can't turn the peg that tightens or loosens the string to give it the right tune?

I decided to leave it and use the sexy black acoustic guitar. Although I dislike the iron strings, I figured it would be good to get used to it. It was horribly out of tune and I soon found out why. The back of the neck cracked. It couldn't handle the tension of six strings pulling it and it simply cracked leaving it rather useless.

Fortunately, there was a third guitar in the house. The very first guitar I ever used and it was quite old. I figured it should do fine. To my dismay, one of the strings was broken and I didn't have a spare string for it.

In the end, I resorted to turning my classical guitar's tuning peg with pliers. Oh, it will be so funny using the pliers this saturday.

-----

I may have to get a new one soon.

No comments: