Saturday, December 10, 2005

Holiday On Ice

Went to watch Holiday on Ice - Hollywood.

It's a good show if you enjoy watching and waiting to see skaters try to do flips in the air and then fall down. Kiddin, I'm not sadistic. It was really a nice show to watch. It's especially nice if you can watch for free. (I got the tickets free) I would not pay to watch it though. If you're a fan of skating and dancing, it's a show for you.

*queue Westlife music for Fool Again*
I wanna know... who ever told me that it was Disney On Ice?

I was there watching and waiting for Mickey Mouse to come out. No Mickey Mouse! That was major miscommunication, man. I was told it was Disney on Ice. I was told it was Disney's Holiday on Ice. I was told it was Hollywood on Ice. Let me tell you, there was a lot of f***ing ice. (Freezing ice), but there was no Disney, except for this knee *points to my knee*.

The closest thing to Mickey Mouse was the funny hats that the female skaters wore for this Moulin Rouge Bit. It was really Hollywood and no Disney. Do not let the Disney-like starting song fool you. There are no hidden Mickeys in this one.

All in all my only complaint is about the Star Wars bit. You can't have a Star Wars bit without LIGHTSABERS! Although everyone can tell you're doing Star Wars (the music from episode one where there was choir and symphony was playing, if you don't know what I'm talking about, join the other people in the cave where they don't watch Star Wars) you just can't do it without having two (or in some cases 2 vs 1) people whacking each other with giant light sticks that go cling, clang.

Eh, JG, this is Ice Skating lah, how do you expect to have something as lightsaber? I thought of that and almost forgave them until I saw the finale (pronounced fee-nal-leh). *spoiler alert* They had this really cool-looking suits that had neon lights. The guys looked like high-tech roman soldiers and the gurls looked like high-tech angels. You'll have to see it to believe it. Don't tell me they couldn't pluck one of the feathers of one of them robot angels and use them as lightsabers.

Oh, I must not forget to mention the inbetween act by these two "clowns". They had this two guys do some slapstick, stunts, comedy to fill in the time when the other skaters were changing costumes. Sometimes they were even more entertaining than the show itself. One of my cg people actually managed to sleep amidst the music. I almost kena oso, if not for the noisy children behind us.

Imagine the song from Moulin Rouge, "Come what may... Come what may... IIIIIIII wiiiiiiiiillllllllll llloooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeeee yyoooouuuuuuuuu." Normally it would be nice, until it is echoed by a kid that likes to imitate almost everything it hears.

For those planning to watch the show, I suggest bringing the usual stuff to keep you warm. You know the usual? A canteen filled with hot chicken soup.

No comments: