Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Searching for a Dream

When I was younger I dreamt of becoming a missionary. Then I dreamt of becoming a pilot. I thought why not be a missionary-pilot?

That was then. If anyone were to ask me what I plan to do with my life, what my goal in life is, I always say, "I don't know yet."

All the things that I wanted to become is now but a childish whim for me. I have always thought that as I increase in years I would know what I want to become. But at eighteen, I sill do not know what I really want to do. I know many people who are even younger than me and they already have their aspirations.

I seem to be just drifting along; riding the current and having no direction. While others have a course set and are moving to, I have no final destination in mind.

On my 16th birthday I received a birthday message that read: May God give you the grace to find your dream and the courage to live it. I can never forget those words.

I'm still searching for my dream. I guess for now my dream is to find my dream.

For all the dreamers out there, may you find the courage and grace to live out your dreams.

Although I do not know what the future holds, I know that it will be good because God says so.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

-----

If only there was such a job as Slacker. =D

No comments: