Monday, June 13, 2005

The Incentive

I have been telling myself to spend the remainder of the holidays studying. I know very well that time is short but I still find the time to procrastinate about studying.

After spending the whole morning using the computer and playing games, I finally decided to start studying. However, I still found ways to delay. I practiced my guitar, sang worship songs, get this atmosphere of worship that is good for studying - just another excuse. It was rather warm and I decided to take a cold shower. Must be refreshed for studying - yet another excuse.

While I was showering, I started thinking of songs that I wanted to learn to play. Then this verse came to me:

Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
Colossians 3:23 (New Living Translation)

Actually, the words that really came to me was, "Work hard as if you were doing it for the Lord," and I went to find the reference.

I have found my incentive to study. Study as if I was studying for the Lord! I decided to blog this down and maybe it will bless you too! And it's a little more procrastination on my part to start studying. =p

Ok! I'm off! God bless!

No comments: