Sunday, January 23, 2005

Back to Leave Another Day

Hee, I arrived yesterday and I only told a few people to surprise other people.

It's good to be back. I noticed that the sky here is brighter. Maybe because there's less air pollution here. Yeah, that must be it. Thank God for Singapore with clean air. Thank God for MRT! I can travel again.

I had a terrible experience with a taxi in Jakarta. Ok, not really terrible. It was a cultural misunderstanding. I wasn't aware that when you pay a cab there, you pay by 5000's meaning if the fare is 12,300, I must pay 15,000. It's like a tip for the driver.

Well, the first and last time that I took a cab alone, the fare was 12,300 RP (rupiah). My dad gave me 25,000 RP. He said I could keep whatever change there was. So he gave me two 10,000 RP notes and five 1,000 RP notes. When I gave the driver 13,000 RP, I was expecting to get the change. What I got was a magical transformation in the face of the driver where a smile turned into a frown. I thank God that I had the common sense (or common science as I like to put it) to get out of the cab. However, before I jumped out of the "frying pan" I said the only two words in Bahasa Indonesia that I can remember - "Terima Kasi", Thank You!

Woah, I really love first service. I don't seem to ever fall asleep there. Maybe because I always drink coffee before going in. In any other service, my head will just be magnetised by the comfortable seat and I would find myself leaning back. A few moments later, I'm catching Z's.

I didn't get to go DARE yesterday, and I won't get to go for the next DARE either because I'll be going on another trip. The only difference is that I will actually have fun on this trip. =D

Though I didn't get to see a few people, I know that the time I don't get to see you will be replaced and multiplied. I won't be short-changed. I hope to see the people I haven't seen soon.

Take care, everyone. Be blessed be it in school, work or slacking at home. =)

No comments: