Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Walk to Remember (nothing to do with the movie of the same name, though that is one that I highly recommend watching if you have not yet done so...)

At first I was thinking of making a comeback by posting up a short story that I submitted for my creative writing module but after today's Arrow Service I felt that my short story can come another time.

I guess this comes at a time when I had a bit of reflection. I thought back of when I started sharing what I received from hearing the preaching of the word, and why I stopped. The reasons are few, (laziness, FaceBook and Twitter, to name a few). But I feel that it's time to get it started again. *play Black Eyed Peas' "Let's Get It Started Now" in the background*

It's time to remind myself again that the best way to remember something, is to share it. As I share it, I will begin to walk in it, and I really want this walk of life to be one that I will enjoy and will be worth the remembering.

For any friends who happen to read this and are not familiar with my-this-kind-of blog post, I encourage you to sit in and "listen" if you have the time. If there's anything that you do not understand, feel free to ask me about it, if not in person, then through the numerous ways of communication that is now available to us. =)

-----

I've heard it a countless-zillion times before: Speak out what you believe and you will see what you speak out. It's not something new to many of us but as of now I realize that I have not been really applying it.

We are King-Priests, a Royal-Priesthood, these terms have become familiar that I have forgotten what it really means. It has remained as head knowledge all these years. I do not want it to be that way anymore.

TODAY IS THE DAY OF CHANGE! *speaking out as I type* I will walk in everything that Jesus' death paid for me to have, for everything that Daddy God wants me to enjoy and I know that Jesus came to give me life and life more abundantly. Even when challenges come, setbacks, disappointments, I know that He causes all of it to work together for my good. My days are going to get brighter and brighter!

(The following sharing will be a mash up of whatever I have written today from Pastor Benjamin's sharing. They may or not be verbatim. There are also Bible verse references here and there so it would be good to have your Bible, iBible, or online Bible handy to see the verses for yourself.)

It is what you speak in your life that changes it. The authority of speaking comes from remembering your identity in Christ. You are a child of God and as a child of God, you are a royal-priesthood.

Royalty. (See Ecclesiastes 8:4) Kings do not beg, they simply speak. When you speak, know that you have the whole of Heaven backing up your words. So be careful what you speak! Choose to speak good and not just refrain from speaking negatively.

Priesthood. (See Leviticus 27:11-14) In ancient times, the priest was the one who gives a value to things by their word. If they say that something is of good value, then no one can say otherwise. God's Word says that you are His beloved! Do not let possessions, circumstances, or what other people say set your value. As a priest, set and speak a value over yourself based on God's Word.

1 Peter 2:9 - "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light"

Understand your identity and it will give you authority.

Know that your world will follow your word.

Speak into your situations, your relationships, your family, your studies, your work. As you speak, be conscious of God in your life.

What you say is very important (see James 3:2-8). In verse 8 it says that no man can tame the tongue but praise Jesus that he has already tamed it for us. Only through knowing that we have Jesus that we can begin to tame the tongue. He knows what we go through (see Hebrews 4:14-16) and can relate to what we go through and he already has a word for whatever situation we are facing, go and search it out in the Word!

"Your success and usefulness in this world will be measured by your and your tenacity to hold fast to that confession." - F.F. Bosworth

When you begin to speak out, remember that Jesus is involved. Simply by knowing that it is through Jesus' finished work that we can receive whatever we confess, that is faith. Faith cannot be apart from Jesus.

Begin to apply this practically. Come up with a list of confessions that are in line with God's Word. Write it down if you have to, speak over yourself everyday!

Believe with me that through Him, I will be able to really apply all this and if it is something that you want for your life too, then I will believe together with you. Let's learn to speak good into our lives, amen?

No comments: