Monday, July 28, 2008

Lullaby and Random Info

Yesterday's rabbit trail about fathers and even Pastor Benjamin's sharing a while back about how he spends a bit of time with his boys when they are about to sleep reminded me of when I was little.

Bed time is really a precious time in a growing boy's life. I still remember my own personal lullaby that my Dad created for me. It's been years since I last heard it but I still remember how it goes. When I have kids of my own they will get to hear it too.

-----

An interesting bit of information:
- In the movie Snakes on a Plane starring Samuel L. Jackson, there was a scene where a woman sucked out venom from a boy who was bitten by a cobra. What got my attention was that she asked for olive oil and applied it on the boy's arm where he was bitten and then she gargled on some of the oil before starting to suck the poison from a cut that she made near to the bite wound. Even in the natural olive oil has some pretty interesting medicinal uses, eh? Cool stuff.

-----

God is love. People who are looking for love in all the wrong places are really looking for God...

-----

Oinky, thanks for the hp. It's really quite stable. Are you still going to need the numbers of ALL the Army/Airforce people in your phone? Either a lot of people arrow you or you arrow a lot of people...

No comments: