Monday, June 16, 2008

Surprise Indicators

I received another wonderful surprise as a follow up from all the surprises I received on my birthday. Although this one was not so subtle but I did not realize it until the last minute.

I received an awesome and cool watch from the JC leadership. Thanks, everyone! I really love the watch.

Thinking back even before camp there were a few indications that come to my memory that I would be receiving a watch as a gift.

1. On the morning of camp Alvin Phua asked me how I was going to tell time without a watch. I almost bought myself the $8 watches from Batam...
2. Alvin Phua asked me one night before sleeping what are the gifts that I've received so far.
3. Kelly Tan singing happy birthday one morning out of the blue when they were planning to give me the watch. I forgot why I did not get it that day but I thought Kelly was just being random.
4. Alvin Phua took out the bag that morning and said it was food for us to eat. I so wanted to eat it since we had not had breakfast at that time yet.
5. On the final day Alvin Phua took out the same bag. I thought it was still food and I still wanted to eat it.
6. Alvin Phua starts gathering all the leaders other than me and he did not do it discreetly. This was when I realized I was getting something.

Yup, somehow I did not realize all the things that happened had to do with my receiving the watch. Once again, thanks, everyone. The watch is super cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA random me, i duno why i started singing that.. guess i let the cat out of the bag! LOL.

-kel