Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Visits

I had a chance to do a house visit the other day.

For recruits who have a long MC we must "ambush" them at their house to see if they are really resting at home.

This particular guy was at home and he opened the door and I knew he was not malingering when I saw the crutches he was using.

Today I got to help out in a Junior College visit to Pulau Tekong. SAJC came so of course I volunteered to follow that particular tour group. Too bad none of the CG J1s came.

It was actually an interesting experience. I find that I enjoy answering the questions that some of the students asked even though my primary job was to make sure that no one is left behind. I was basically the "end scout".

I realize that my posting is actually quite interesting; I get to do different kinds of things more than just the regular admin work in the office.

Cool!

1 comment:

예수의 공주 said...

wow. i didn't know that NS does 'surprise visits'! haha... thats interesting. so what happens if you visit and then the guy's not at home? hahaha...

If he happens to be your friend, will you cover up for him? hahaha... i think i will leh. even though i daresay i'm quite impartial. HAHA.