Saturday, April 26, 2008

Remembering

I remember the wooden ship that you pieced together. It must have reminded you of your times at sea.

I loved playing my LEGO men on that ship. I would send them on adventures on the imaginary sea.

I remember how you would say that vegetables are good for me. When I was still picky I refused to eat them.

One day I thought I'd give it a try and I grew to like it. Maybe that's partly due to you too.

I remember on some nights when we were all snuggled under the mosquito net you would stay awake just to fan us so that we would not feel warm.

I remember your stories that as a boy in World War 2 you helped scout for enemy planes in the fields.

I wish I had heard your stories of being in the navy during the Vietnam War...

-----

I regret not remembering more but I'm thankful for these memories I have of you...

No comments: