Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Historymakers 2

I really loved the second session of Historymakers6 Camp.

It was mainly about emotions and how the right thinking can lead to right feeling. Although I may not look it, I'm quite emotional.

Sometimes I let my emotions get the better of me. I used to let my emotions affect me so much. It was because the way I think would sometimes affect how I felt. I'm a person who tends to think too much.

Just imagine how thinking something that is wrong can affect how I felt. Feelings of sadness can be magnified by thinking too much.

Although everyone is unique, the emotions that people go through are the same. I used to think that I was the only one who would feel sad at some things. Everyone goes through the same emotions.

Once I knew that everyone goes through the same things, it was easier to accept that it was because of thinking wrongly that led to negative feelings.

So by thinking correctly, feelings would not get the better of me.

It's not always good to let emotions get the best of me so I have to constantly remind myself not think thoughts that could affect my emotions.

-----

And already there's a test to my thinking versus emotions. So far I've been able to keep my thinking straight and thus have not been plagued by overwhelming emotions.

Only recently that I seem to falter a bit. It's one thing to be in full control of your thoughts when you are awake and conscious but dreamland is a totally different matter.

Sometimes dreams seem better than reality. Sometimes I wish dreams were reality. See? This is the kind of thinking that leads to feelings that could be negative.

As much as I hope that maybe someday my dream will come true, I must remind myself that what's important is the present and that God is now in control. Somehow, things will just fall together in place and work for my good.

Good things are worth waiting for.

Keep it cool, John. Cool.

No comments: