Friday, April 07, 2006

Rest

Ah... Guitar camp planning has been really hectic. Soon when it's Guitar Concert, things are gonna be quite busy too.

I'm glad to have the chance to be able to rest after many days of stressing over camp proposals and procedures.

When I first thought of wanting to be part of the ex-co, I told myself that I was not going to be doing things through my own talents and abilities. I know that I don't have much of those two that's why I went for the interviews relying on God's favour to pull me through. Even then I told myself that whatever job I will be doing, God will be doing it with me.

For the first few months, I did my duties happily because I knew I was not relying on my strength to do it. However, after a while, things started to come one after the other. I forgot that I couldn't do it on my own and still I tried to hold the burden of the responsibilities with my own might.

That only led me to being unhappy about what I was doing. I dreaded the long hours of meetings and the long practice schedules. I hated having to go back to school on holidays to plan for this and that.

It took a reminder from a friend that I didn't have to do it alone. The solution was simple. Just pray. The answer was so obvious I was staring at it and couldn't even see it.

I realized that I have divine intervention. A person to pass all my burdens to, and with that I could be at rest; peaceful inside. I'm sure it's God that made the camp smooth so far. I'm sure it will be even better tomorrow.

No comments: