Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Importance of Meals

Hmm. Finally, a yummy topic. Well, it really depends on your tastes.

Anyway, the past few days, God has just been talking to me about the importance of meals. I do not mean to talk about the importance of eating, I want to talk about the importance of having meals with friends and family.

It may seem like a very common thing to share a meal with someone especially among friends, but there is more to the food than just being filled - there is fellowship.

In the context of church, when does a group really get to be close. Sure, there are the regular meetings where we can all gather, talk and share, but sometimes there is an atmosphere of formality in that kind of setting.

God showed me that bonds can form easily over a bowl/plate of or even over a cup of teh tarik. Over meals, someone can just talk (when they're not chewing) and everyone listens while they chew their food. Everyone can get to know a little bit about each other.

Thinking back, everytime after any service or meeting, we would go out as a group of persons having informal and usually close social relations (a gang lah) and eat together. We may not have noticed it, but that made us closer together.

I also realized that I got to know my caregroup much better over meals rather than during meetings. Just yesterday over supper I had so much fun drinking my mango shake while making fun of one of my caregroup person.

Also, the Holy Communion is a meal. (If you do not know what that is, come and talk to me.)
Do not take meals for granted.

I had lunch with my mum today. Not only was it good for relationship-building, it was also free. =D

There is so much power in meals. Some can even make you happy - for $4.95 only.

-----

I'm Lovin' it!

No comments: